On-Set Eats

I had a great and busy weekend working on Big Shoes to Fill. It's a short film where I play a girl encouraging her brother to tell our parents that instead of being a lawyer, he wants to be a clown. Here's a picture of my on-screen family.



Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were all 12-hour filming days. But that doesn't mean I was only there for twelve hours! For example, Sunday I woke up at 7 to work out, get ready, and drive to set, call time was 9 AM, and we wrapped at 9:30. All the crew was still there when I left at 10:30. So, long days.

We did have catering and craft services, but of course a lot of it was unhealthy and/or not vegan. But with a mix of catering and my own food, I managed to feed myself and stay pretty healthy.

Friday I brought a big jar of roasted brussels sprouts with me and ate those as a snack. For lunch they bought me a salad with tofu from Whole Foods. For dinner (at 10 PM) when I got home I ate something I bought at the Santa Monica Co-Op on Wednesday when it was on sale for $2:






It was good! Simple, but tasty - mushrooms and potatoes with a lightly spicy sauce.

On Saturday I ate a kale salad and some unpictured seitan for lunch.




The kale salad was oil-free and very tasty. For dinner they bought me an oil-free pasta dish from Whole Foods with rice noodles and veggies.

On Sunday I brought some seitan and this roasted beet, apple, and fennel salad:


I ate that for lunch and was definitely glad I had it. They ordered pizza for lunch and had a veggie pizza, one half without cheese, but it was gross so I just ate the veggie toppings off of it. For dinner they had Subway sandwiches but none of them were cheese-free so I just had broccoli with hummus and then a baked potato when I got home.

Aaaand that's a wrap! I definitely ate more prepared food than usual, but I was glad I managed to stay healthy and eat veggies instead of eating chips and Rice Krispies Treats like the rest of the crew.

Links:
http://kristensraw.blogspot.com/2010/11/kristens-raw-27th-awesome-giveaway-free.html
http://ieattrees.com/vegan-vittles-giveaway/

How do you manage to eat healthy when you're really busy and away from home all day?

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know