Green and Orange Soup

I had a big day! Two auditions, Power Group, and... I booked a job! I got cast in a webseries by someone who saw Bloomington and remembered me. I didn't even have to audition.

I made a huge batch of soup last night and ate it while watching the sixth Harry Potter movie with my roommate. I call it...

Green and Orange Soup
4 cups dry split peas
1 cup kale stems, chopped
1 bunch celery, chopped
3 bunches carrots and greens, chopped
5 green onions, diced
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp basil
1 tbsp mustard
1 tsp chili powder


If using an onion, saute for a couple of minutes. Then add all ingredients and about 10 cups of water. You may need to adjust water based on how thick you want your soup to be. Just make sure it doesn't dry out - it will soak up a lot of water. Cook until peas are completely soft, then season to taste.

Number of Servings: 10

And the nutritional info:

Calories: 132
Fat: .6 g
Sodium: 98.3
Carbs: 25.6 g
Potassium: 696 mg
Fiber: 9.6 g
Protein: 7.9 g

For full info, click here.


Oh yeah, it's incredibly nutritious. And with some nooch on top, you add B12, as well. I used up all of the three bunches of carrots and greens that I bought at the farmers' market and the stems from a big bunch of lacinato kale.

Here's my bowl, topped with some BBQ sauce and a sprinkling of nooch. And no, BBQ sauce on soup is not weird. It's fantastic.



And here's one of my full jars.


I also used some of this as a topping:


It's pretty good, just a subtle, sightly salty taste.

Tomorrow I'm accompanying a friend new to LA to the beach. I just hope he doesn't think that going to the beach involves swimming or tanning. Because I don't do that.

My questions for the day are the same as yesterday -- how do I keep my plants alive? =)

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know