Peach and Pineapple Salsas

Well I've had a busy couple of days, and tomorrow will be no different! Yesterday I spent most of the day hanging out at my friends' house, and for dinner my lovely host made me this salad:



There's lettuce, chopped veggies, and some chickpeas. Instead of dressing I used horseradish mustard and lots of fresh cracked pepper. YUM. I love good mustard and I definitely need to get myself a pepper grinder.

Today I cooked, went to Power Group, and went to a talk by a casting director. Both events were through The Actors Network. Power Group is a group of actors that get together every month and talk about what they did for their careers in the past month, goals for next month, and then issues they need opinions on.

Food Diary for today -
Breakfast: Spinach salad
Lunch: Brussels sprouts, 1/2 sweet potato
Dinner: Brussels sprouts, coffee

I know spinach salad is a strange breakfast food, but I'm a strange girl. Lately I have been loving salad with peach or pineapple salsa from Trader Joe's. I especially love the peach salsa, and it's about half the price of the mango salsa I usually buy because it's not in the refrigerated section.





Pretty good stats! The flavor is delicious, and the jar says it's medium spicy. I also like that it's not jalapeƱo-y, which is a problem I can have with regular salsas. For some reason, sometimes I get a bad reaction to jalapeƱos and my lips and tongue swell up. Bad.

The pineapple salsa is also good, and it has a bit more of a traditional salsa taste. It's less pineappley than the peach is peachy, if you know what I mean.





So today I had spinach salad with pineapple salsa, some marinated mushrooms, and Rawmesan. Rawmesan is a mix of brazil nuts, nutritional yeast, and spices, and you can use it as a parmesan substitute on salads, pastas, etc. Parm! is a very similar product made with walnuts, and both are delicious.



For my lunchtime brussels sprouts, I squirted them with a little bit of Bragg's and then a layer of nooch.



Since I was gone all through the afternoon and evening, for dinner I brought a jar of brussels sprouts and a mug of coffee with me.

I would definitely say that my food today proves that eating healthy and vegan can be very, very easy. I'm not saying everyone should eat as simply as I am right now, but if you are feeling unmotivated to chop veggies for salad, have a salsa salad. And if you need a filling to-go snack, fill up an empty salsa jar with roasted brussels sprouts (cut them in half, sprinkle with seasonings/salt/pepper, roast at 450 for 30 minutes. super easy). Veggies can be easy and delicious!

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know