Instant Colcannon

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! I know I did. And my mom baked this vegan cake and sent me an e-mail picture of it. She said she baked it for me and would eat it for me, too.



I have a great, super-easy recipe to share with you today!

Instant Colcannon
1 organic potato
several cups of kale
nutritional yeast
salt, pepper, seasonings

Here's what you need:


First, scrub your potato. If it has any imperfections or little sprouts, just dig them out with your fingernails. It's easy. And always buy organic potatoes - they're on the dirty dozen and they're root vegetables, so they just suck up all the pesticides.

Poke the potato several times with a fork and microwave for about three minutes, longer if it's a big potato.

While your potato is microwaving, boil a couple of inches of water in a pot or pan. Put in your steamer basket and steam several cups of kale for about 30 seconds. This will make your kale softer and bright green, but minimize cooking time. The water doesn't even have to be boiling yet, so I can finish steaming in the same amount of time the potato is microwaving.

Assemble your ingredients, like the above picture. Then mash your potato with a fork and mash in the kale and seasonings. I just mash about 1/4 of the potato at a time and put in as much kale as I can. I actually ended up steaming about twice as much kale as in the above picture and eating it with that potato.



Now enjoy your delicious nutritional powerhouse! The carbs keep you full, you get tons of nutrition from the kale, and protein and B vitamins from the nooch. It's a perfect meal.

And a bonus tip of the day - I ate the rest of my cooked eggplant leftovers yesterday and rejuvenated them with a squirt of ketchup and a spoonful of nutritional yeast. It was really good!

Daily food log:
Breakfast: Coffee w/ almond milk
Lunch: Instant colcannon
Snack: Some dehydrated Raw eggplant slices
Dinner: 1 zucchini pasta w/ Everything Kale Pesto, Instant Colcannon

Popular posts from this blog

The Dangers And Benefits Of Coffee For Our Health, Facts That We Should Know

Corn Nutritional Value & Health Benefits As Low Calories Source Of Carbohydrate

Some Of Asthma Causes and Symptoms That You Probably Not Know